Pages

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Owl Post!

Look what came in the mail the other day! My friend Lindsay has been spending the summer in Florida, and has had a great time visiting The Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal Studios! She knows how much I love everything Harry-related, and spoiled me with a fabulous parcel full of wizardy fun!


Look at the postmark on this postcard! Straight from the Hogsmeade post office!


Mmm, Bertie Bott's Every Flavour Beans! So far Alan has eaten one that tasted like dirt, and another like salt and pepper. We've been lucky to avoid Dumbledore's least favourite... bogey-flavour!


Pumpkin juice... surprisingly tasty!


We have been nibbling away at the chocolate frog (see my Helga Hufflepuff trading card?!) and enjoying a fudge fly on occasion too...

Needless to say, I am one very happy Muggle! Thank you, Lindsay! You are too kind...

8 comments:

  1. That is absolutely awesome! I know I have to visit that place one day. I can't believe the Bertie Bott's all flavour beans actually have all flavours :)

    I'm sure I would go crazy there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do they really taste like dirt and ear wax like in the books? That's hilarious and gross! What a fun gift to receive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. how fun! i'm seriously jealous of that wonderful package stamp. i wish all the letters i sent out had that...

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my cheesecake, i about died.

    let me tell you miss erin, i have been saving back several nice postcards to use when i go there, to hopefully send to all my pen pals, because this is just TOO cool. i am so completely unafraid to geek out when it comes to this.

    not a huge harry potter fan, i made a decision not to read the books until all the movies had been made and i'd seen them. but the films and the story are incredible and so hearbreakingly beautiful. but anyway, one of the things i always loved was the fact that they had owls who delivered their post AND they actually wrote letters to one another! so awesome. needless to say, when i heard about this, that there was a special postmark for anything going through their post office, i had heart palpitations, haha.

    ANYWAY, everything else you received looks so neat! the chocolate frog is so neat, that was always my favorite candy from 'the trolley'. do the frogs come with cards like in the films?! hehe

    <3 <3
    - L

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lauren... if you love the movies, you will absolutely adore the books. I don't think anything can ever compare!

    And yes, the chocolate frogs do come with trading cards. Mine is Helga Hufflepuff, and she actually moves!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You two are fantastically lucky -- what a package to receive! Please do let me know what flavors of Bertie Bott's beans you end up getting...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am rather jealous of that bounty you have!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This all looks like so much fun! Big fan of all things HP!

    ReplyDelete

Yay! I love comments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...